Tuesday 15 June 2021

Augmented Reality - A Trip to Japan!

  Hello there!

It's time for yet another task! Today I'll be talking about AR. You may have heard about a similar technology, Virtual Reality, also known as VR. The difference between them is that VR takes you to the other reality, while AR brings the other reality to ours. 

My first experience with AR was when I began playing Pokemon GO. In that game, you walk around in real life, find and capture pokemons. It is very fun, and I'm glad I'll be able to use this in my classrooms in the future.

I believe that as the AR technology gets more widespread, we'll be able to use it more often, in more areas of life. Can you imagine an AR-made mechanic instructing you on how to change your car's tire? Or an AR-made chef telling you how to cook your favorite dessert? This is just a fraction of what we could do with the AR technology, and I can't wait to see what's more to come!

So, about the task: Our task was to take our students on a trip, using AR technology of course. Kaan and I wanted to choose somewhere in Japan, as it is a place we both want to visit. Then, the next question was where in Japan we would take them. We wanted to do either Kyoto or Tokyo, as each city represent different but equally beautiful parts of the country. After doing some research, we decided to go with Tokyo, as there were more content available. Unfortunately, more content doesn't mean enough or viable content. And that's why he had to resort to using QR codes and 360 videos instead.

And at the end, we created a handout to go along with the project. We wrote some questions down and Kaan created and put together the visuals and then we were done!

Overall, I think the AR technology is fun to play with now, but not as viable as I'd like it to be. Thankfully I have a couple more years before I graduate :D So I hope it'll be more advanced by then and it'll be easier to use.


We're closing in on the end of the semester, and I only have a couple more posts to make, so look forward to those!

As always:

Wear your masks and your seatbelts!

Oh, and get vaccinated if you can!

 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/649563675329560596/854110080907477012/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/649563675329560596/854110258321817621/bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.png 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/649563675329560596/854110410251829248/ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.png 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/649563675329560596/854110496064012318/ddddddddddddddddd.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Last "Last Post" - Goodbye?

  Hello there! So, we're right back here again. At the end of the semester. This time we had 5 tasks, all of which were group projects ...