Monday 25 January 2021

My Last Post - Goodbye!

  Hello there!

Before starting this course, I was expecting to learn how I would use technology in a class, as a teacher. Having students use technology to enchance their learning wasn't a thought that I had, except for the very basic stuff like using a powerpoint presentation. Because when I was a student, that was what was expected of me: know how to use word, powerpoint and paint, nothing more. I was never expected to create as much as I did in class, and I was pretty insecure about my digital abilities. Well, I'm happy to announce that this is no longer the case. Now, I know how to use technology both as a student, and as a teacher. I found that creating is crucial for language learning, and the internet gives us endless tools to create whatever we please.

I genuinely enjoyed most of our tasks, if not all, but my favorites were creating a padlet, creating a digital story and designing a magazine cover. I liked the first two mostly because they were collaborative works that gave me an opportunity to create something with my friends, especially in a time like this where we all are so far from each other, and I liked the magazine cover design a lot because it allowed me to create something that I would genuinely enjoy having up on my wall - well, before all the writing anyway.

My least favorite tasks were probably creating an infographic, mostly because I feel like infographics appeal to visual learners, and I certainly am not one. Thanks, aphantasia. I remember struggling when using the wiki page, it seemed very laggy and it was very frustrating to use, so that's not a task I was thrilled about either.

Before I move on to my suggestion about how to improve the course, I just want to thank my teacher, Dr. Kurt. This course was so much fun, and it was informative beyond my imagination. I looked forward to your class each week. So, from the bottom of my heart; thank you for an amazing semester. I hope that you enjoyed teaching me, as much as I enjoyed learning from you.

My only suggestion to improve the course would be giving the students more freedom in their topic choices. We had a lot of creative freedom in this class - a lot more than any other class - but personally, I feel like I would have enjoyed making -for example- and infographic about the events of the Harry Potter books much more than making an infographic about being a student in 2020.

Well, dear reader, I guess this is my goodbye.

For the last time,

Stay safe, stay kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Last "Last Post" - Goodbye?

  Hello there! So, we're right back here again. At the end of the semester. This time we had 5 tasks, all of which were group projects ...